Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"I felt the earth.. move... under my feet..."

STATUS UPDATE FROM THE EASTERN OUTPOST: So, we were minding our own business, sat on the couch watching "Once upon a time in Mexico", and... the window started rattling... and the room started wiggling back and forth... just a couple of inches in either direction for about ten seconds. It felt a bit like when someone else gets into a car that you're sitting in.

It was all over so fast you'd hardly know it even happened...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I experienced my first earthquake in Guatemala. Thankfully, I was drunk and I barely noticed. A few weeks later, I was sober and experience my second earthquake. That time I freaked. So, the moral of the story is to get drunk and you will never notice them. jose

10:44 PM  
Blogger James said...

Haha! Maybe I should carry a hipflask with me in case of emergencies ;-) Although I could take advantage of the beer vending machines. Tokyo is a true metropolis...

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home